Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My children

I have neglected to mention how much being a mom is a part of who I am on this blog. As much as I love teaching and serving, my own children bring me more joy than I ever thought possible. They know just when I need a hug after a long day. They know just the words to say that will make me smile no matter how frustrated I might be. At times, they know me better than I know myself.

Being a mother is the greatest blessing in my life. The fact that these amazing children are sealed to me for eternity is a blessing that is difficult to comprehend, but it is a blessing that I know is true.

I know teachers that stay at school long after the school day ends. I know teachers who bring so much work home with them that they might as well have stayed at school. I understand their passion for their work. I also understand their urgency to keep up with the demands of work. I feel that urgency. However, I am ever so grateful that I have my husband and children to keep me grounded. It is because of their love that I have my priorities exactly where they should be. It is true that sometimes grading takes me a bit longer than I would like, but if I have to choose between taking a few extra days to get papers handed back and a few extra hours with my children each night, I will always choose my children.

My children are my motivation in everything I do. I know that I am a better teacher because of them. I know that as much as I love them, I have a Heavenly Father who loves them even more than I do. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

I am grateful to be the mother of two amazing children.

No comments: