Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An Opportunity

I was presented with an opportunity today. An opportunity that I had no idea that I wanted. I have always said that this particular thing was not something I would seek if given the choice. Well, then the opportunity was presented, and I discovered that I want it BAD. Really bad. I am willing to fight for this opportunity. I am willing to give up other things in order to have this specific opportunity.

I was totally taken aback by my reaction. I did not expect such a strong reaction. I want this. I really want this. I really, really want this. Which means it is going to hurt a lot if/when I don't get it.

I am trying to prepare myself for the possibility of not getting it, but it doesn't change the fact that I want it. I think that I deserve it too...that doesn't help. I am confident that I can do this. I am confident that I can do this well. I really want to do it. I will be incredibly disappointed if I don't get it.

Of course, now that I know that I want it, I have to wait. This sucks.

No comments: